Monday, April 21, 2014

I Can't Watch the Jackets Playoff Game

Tonight I cannot watch my beloved Blue Jackets play in their Game 3 matchup against Pittsburgh.  I emailed Dish Network to complain.  Here is what I wrote.  Bet I get some kind of generic response with no resolution.

Hello.  I pay $5 extra per month so that I can have the regional sports network package with Dish Network.  I do that for one reason only: so I can watch the Columbus Blue Jackets hockey games.  That's it.  I do not watch the Cincinnati Reds or any other Ohio sports on that channel.

So I was quite angry when I was unable to watch the Blue Jackets PLAYOFF hockey game tonight (Monday, April 21).  The Cincinnati Reds game was on Fox Sports Cincinnati.  Usually when such a programming conflict occurs, I can switch to an alternate regional programming channel for the hockey game.  Instead, the Reds were on that channel too.  When I contacted Dish Network to inquire about this, I was told this was a Fox Sports issue.  The Fox Sports web site seems to indicate otherwise.

I live in the Dayton, Ohio area.  When I visited the Fox Sports Ohio web site, it says that tonight's Blue Jackets game is in fact televised on Dish Network IN THE DAYTON AREA.  The following link clearly shows that as a Dish Network customer, I should be able to watch the game on FSOhio.  

http://msn.foxsports.com/ohio/story/channel-information-for-monday-april-21-blue-jackets-and-reds-041714

The problem is that I do not have FSOhio.  I only have FSCincinnati.

I would like to voice my displeasure with this.  I recently switched to Dish Network from DirecTV.  When I was with DirecTV I had BOTH FSCincinnati AND FSOhio.  Clearly the Fox Sports Ohio web site operates under the assumption that Dish Network offers both channels to their subscribers.

I would appreciate a response as I am currently second-guessing my decision to switch from DirecTV.  I would like to know how I can help initiate a change so that Dish Network carries both Fox Sports Ohio and Fox Sports Cincinnati just like DirecTV.

For the record, the game is also televised on NBCSports Network.  However I do not wish to pay an additional $10 a month to upgrade my package to include that channel when I already pay the $5 per month to receive the regional sports network package.

No comments:

Post a Comment